Chain of Responsibility Awareness Training Course
From 1 October 2018, changes to the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) came in to force. The new laws specify that every party in the heavy vehicle transport supply chain has a duty to ensure the safety of transport activities.
Under these laws, multiple parties may be responsible for offences committed in heavy vehicle operations. A person may be a party in the supply chain in more than one way and legal liability can apply to their actions, inactions and demands. Further details are available via the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator.
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in the supply chain
- Users of road transport for business
- Engineers/others creating lift plans
Tomago or your site, anywhere in Australia. Ask us for a quote. (Ask about our wholesale bulk rates for courses at your site)
The session includes:
- Recent changes to legislation
- Who is in the supply chain?
- Primary duty
- When does CoR apply?
- Principal duties of each party in CoR
- Breaches and Penalties
- Reasonable steps
- Scenarios and discussion
- What is your role in CoR?
- Your policies/procedures
- Speed and fatigue
- Load limits + securing loads
- Packing and placing loads
- Loading and unloading goods
- Maintenance requirements
- Working with suppliers
- Personal Action Plan
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Successful participants receive a Certificate of Training.
Ask about our wholesale bulk rates for courses at your site.