Hazardous Area Awareness Training Course
This 1 day course for workers who need to gain an increased understanding of hazardous areas.
The course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to work in or around hazardous areas, in coal, gas, food, dust industries and other manufacturing environments. This includes undertaking work that meets requirements of AS/NZS 60079.14 and AS/NZS 60079.17.
This course is ideal for:
- Non-trades staff needing knowledge of work in or around hazardous areas
- Managers and supervisors in charge of construction and repairs to Ex equipment
- Anyone working on Ex protected equipment for use in hazardous areas
- Managers and staff in charge of a hazardous areas
The hazardous areas awareness course is best delivered “in house” at your workplace. We can train at your site, any state in Australia. Ask us about our wholesale bulk rates for courses at your site.
Our training centre is located near Newcastle, NSW, centrally located to Maitland, Central Coast and the Hunter Valley coalfields.
1 day course.
The session includes:
- Introduction to hazardous areas
- Mechanics of an explosion
- Hazardous area zones
- Explosion protection techniques, how and why they work
- Recognising damage to Ex equipment (e.g. flamepaths)
- Maintenance + repair of Ex protected equipment
- Purpose and scope of certification schemes
- How hazardous areas business may impact a range of tasks across a range of job roles
- Case studies of incidents/accidents
- Hands-on activities based around samples of Ex certified equipment + certificates
Successful participants receive a Certificate of Training.
Ask about our wholesale bulk rates for courses at your site.